Tag Archives: personal property coverage

Protecting Your Boat and RV This Summer

RV and Boat Insurance

Even though the official start of summer is still a couple of weeks away, the temperatures are already rising, which means it is the perfect time to start planning for your next vacation. While taking your RV and boat out of storage, it is important to make sure that you are protected from any peril on the road or water with the right insurance policies.

No matter if you have a motorhome or a trailer, your RV needs to be protected with the right insurance policy. Investing in a separate RV insurance policy that will provide the most coverage while you are away from home. If you have a smaller trailer, you may think that you can rely on your auto insurance coverage to protect your trailer while you are away. While you are towing your trailer, your auto insurance will provide coverage for your trailer while it is being towed. However, once the trailer is unhitched, you will not have any coverage. Choosing a separate policy can help to ensure that you have the coverage that you deserve.

If you are headed out on the water with your boat, your boat will need to be covered by a specific boat insurance policy. There are many coverage options to consider with your boat insurance policy, such as personal property coverage that will replace any lost or damaged items in your boat during an accident. Talking with your insurance agent can help to ensure that you invest in the right amount of coverage for your boat this summer.

For all of your Southern California boat and RV insurance needs, contact the insurance professionals at Cappuccino Insurance Agency in Westlake Village, California. We will work with you to make sure that you have the coverage that you deserve, all at the right price.


Moving This Spring? Make Sure To Invest In The Right Insurance

Renter’s Insurance Coverage

Spring is the perfect time to find a new place to rent. No matter if you are searching for an apartment or a house to rent, you should also start looking for the right renter’s insurance policy to ensure that your new home is properly protected in case of any disaster.

Typical renter’s insurance policies have three main coverage options, including:

  • Personal property coverage – the insurance policy that your landlord has for your home will only provide coverage for the structure, not for any of your personal belongings that you keep inside. The personal property coverage that is provided by a renter’s insurance policy will provide protection in case your assets are stolen, damaged, or destroyed by a covered peril, such as a fire. If you have any valuable belongings, you may want to consider scheduling the items within your policy, which will provide additional coverage.
  • Liability coverage – the liability portion of your renter’s insurance will provide protection in case someone is injured while visiting your home. It will cover any legal expenses if they decide to sue you after the accident, as well as any medical bills that are associated with the accident. If you do not have liability coverage, your assets and savings may be put at risk after someone is injured at your home.
  • Coverage for additional living expenses – if your rental home is uninhabitable after a disaster, additional living expensive coverage will pay for a temporary living situation, such as if you have to move into a hotel. The coverage will also pay for any additional costs that are associated with having to move out, such as restaurant bills if you do not have a kitchen to cook in.

For all of your renter’s insurance needs when finding the perfect Conejo Valley home this spring, contact Cappuccino Insurance Agency in Westlake Village, California.