The holidays and New Year’s celebrations are a time of travel and festivities. And while we hope that the holidays are a time of celebration, nothing could be more devastating during this time than a home break-in or an unexpected accident.
Following proactive procedures can help give you peace of mind.
When traveling CNET recommends the following:
- Make sure your home doesn’t look “empty.”
- Forward your mail and ask a neighbor to collect mailers and newspapers that may otherwise accumulate at your front door.
- Install motion censored lights on the exterior of the house.
- Put interior lights on timers that light at varied times.
- Consider installing security cameras near the doors and in various parts of the home to monitor activity.
Holiday Party Tips and Precautions
Entertaining guests at your home for the holidays? As alcohol is typically served at holiday gatherings, Indiana.edu offers a number of helpful suggestions for pacing the drinking at your home soiree.
Most notably, don’t allow intoxicated guests to drive home. In recent years apps like Lyft and Uber have grown in popularity so that they are readily available in major cities (and many suburbs) and are ready for pickup in minutes. On your party invitations and correspondences, suggest that your guests download the app on their smart phones pre-party. Also have the number for the local taxi service on-hand.
A Homeowners Policy and Rental Insurance Offer Peace of Mind
Both a homeowners policy and renters insurance can help you cover your property and possessions if they are damaged or destroyed – or if your valuables are stolen.
Additionally these policies can cover your assets if you are sued for negligence that caused an accident.
At Cappuccino Insurance wish you happy holidays and a happy new year. If you have questions about your coverage, please contact us!